As a valued customer of Glacier Auto Insurance, your personal privacy is of utmost importance to us. It is our intention to treat the information you share with us in a careful and responsible manner. By purchasing our insurance products, you have put your trust in our commitment to abide by the policies set forth below.
What personal information do we or may we collect? We collect the following categories of nonpublic personal financial information: Information from the consumer; information about the consumer’s transactions with us or our affiliates; information about the consumer’s transactions with nonaffiliated third parties; and information from consumer reporting agencies. We collect and use information we deem necessary to make decisions on how best to administer our business. We collect nonpublic personal financial information about you from the following sources:
- Information we received from you on our application or other forms.
- Information about your transaction with us, our affiliates or other.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency or insurance services organization.
- Information was receive during interviews with you, your designated agent, and other forms.
- We collect information about your transactions, such as your payment history, underwriting experience, and claims information.
- We also collect information from consumer reporting agencies, medical providers, consumer reporting agencies, and others.
How do we use the information we collect? What information will we disclose to outside sources? The information we collect is used to underwrite your policy, process any claims you may have, provide you with the requested quote for insurance, provide necessary billing information, and provide service for your account as the need arises.
We may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal financial information about you:
- Information we receive from you on our application or other forms, such as your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Information about transactions with us, or affiliates or others, such as your policy coverage, premium amounts and payment history.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency or insurance services organization, such as your insurance risk score and claims history.
We will share information about automobile accident experiences, and our transactions (including payment of premiums) with your appointed insurance producer so that they may better serve your automobile insurance needs. We will also share your information as necessary to handle your claims and to protect you against fraud and unauthorized transactions. A good example of information sharing would be to a body shop that needs name, address, and coverages in order to get repairs completed in a timely manner.
We may also disclose nonpublic personal financial information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial Services providers, such other insurance institutions, automobile insurers, insurance wholesalers, and insurance agents.
- State, local and national fraud authorities.
- Insurance support organizations, state and local law enforcement authorities
- Regulatory authorities and nonaffiliated third parties engaged to service and underwrite your policy.
We may also disclose nonpublic personal financial information about you to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law. All third parties are required to maintain your personal information safe, secure and confidential.
We may also sell your personal information to other insurance company or institutions in order to provide you with a quote you requested in markets we do not service.
Consumer’s Disclosure “Opt Out” Option. If you prefer that we do not disclose nonpublic personal financial information about you to nonaffiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures permitted or required by law). If you wish to opt out of disclosure to nonaffiliated third parties, you may call our customer service department at the following toll-free number: 800-394-2423.
We do not share account number information for marketing purposes. We do not, directly or through an affiliate company, disclose, other than to a consumer reporting agency or insurance service organization, a policy number or similar form of access number or account identification number for a consumer’s policy to any nonaffiliated third party for use in telemarketing, direct mail marketing or other marketing through electronic mail to the consumer.
Protecting your personal information. We maintain physical, electronic, organizational, and procedural safeguards to ensure protection of your personal information. Only those employees who use this information are permitted access to your files. We continually review our policies and practices in order to monitor the use of information available to the employees so that this information is only used for the purpose intended.
Notice of Insurance Information Practices. Personal information about you may be collected from persons other than you. Such information as well as other personal and privileged information collected by us or our agents may in certain circumstances be disclosed to third parties. You have the right to review your personal information in our files and can request correction of any inaccuracies. A more detailed description of your rights and our practices regarding such information is available upon request. Contact your appointed insurance producer or Glacier Auto Insurance at 800-394-2423 for instructions on how to submit your request.